Goodness me, only three days to go (including today) in our #RunAugustRun Challenge. Can you believe (if you are still with us) that you have managed to run on 28 consecutive days – that is just amazing !
Last post left us in Romania, and today I pleased to report that we have almost cleared the Black Sea and are close to the coastal shores of Turkey. That is pretty amazing folks – we are in fact as a group less than 50 miles from Turkey which would take us to 2000 miles !!!!
So how many are left at 100%? Well I have to sadly report that since our last update a number have missed at least one day – never fear though they continue to run on for the project adding important miles to our journey. The drop rate proves two things, just how difficult a commitment it can be to run every day for a whole month, and of course in doing so how extra amazing those are who are have kept it up.
Some extra statistics for you
- 1955 miles to date (this figure will increase as I know there are a few to check in from previous days)
- Longest day to date is now the 24th when we clocked up just over 105 miles. It would have been more but a few of our long runners had the following day down as their long run.
- Our longest weekend was this past weekend when we clocked up an amazing 195 miles
- We had our fastest mile challenge and for those who have reported in I can announce that this prize goes to the speedster Lynne Anderson – a 6min 34 seconds (verified by picture).
- A number of us have broken through the 100 miler marker, and even those who said at the start would be running a mile per day are nearing (or have already) broken 50 miles – that’s more than 1 mile a day so just fantastic !!
- The crazy French Man Jojo continues to streak ahead with some amazing running and a grand total so far of 236 miles (with a few days of confirmation still to come!) Amazing mate, simply amazing !
So as we near the end of the challenge I wonder how everyone is doing – perhaps posting a little chart will help to motivate everyone to crack on and reach certain targets.
As you can see a number of us are close to certain milestones, 50 miles, 150 miles and even 200 miles … 3 days to go 🙂
All I have to say is how impressed I am with everyones commitment – even those who for one reason or another have had to miss a day or two. The important thing is that you started, and you continue to run, which in turn will add a few extra $$ onto the totals for my charity and that after all is what this is all about.
So there you go – 3 days to go, the next (and final update) will be upon completion. Please take a check on the numbers above and let me know if you think I’m wide of the mark with you total – it’s been a challenge in itself to keep up with everyone.
Thank you again for your efforts here – it’s very very much appreciated.
As a side note – Sunday 8th September, if you are free for a beer in town (Cambridge). I’m not going to organise lunch as such (but people can eat if they do choose to)
1pm – All Bar One, Cambridge.
Hope to see as many of you there as possible – partners welcome of course (although we will make them run every day in September !)